8.19.2004

My Morning Music -- August 19

And now for the first of many times that I will elaborate on my early morning (6:30 am) listening habits.

I've noticed that when you drive to work early in the mornings you get a lot of time to listen to music loudly, unless of course you enjoy blabbering morning talk show hosts. Anyvays, I've been totally digging on Devo lately. And thanks to forward thinking Uncle Scott I have a prized ticket to their sold-out show at the Riviera on September 24. I think my favorite song is "Jerkin' Back n' Forth," such terrific "drumming" and an astounding synthesizer solo (which I imagine is relatively unsaid about a synthesizer solo).

The Q101(ugh) Block Party was great, even though it was hosted by Q101. I would like to personally thank Perry Farrell for cancelling Lollapalooza which gave me the chance to see the Walkmen and Modest Mouse (along with Death Cab for Cutie) for the terrific price of "$10." (If anyone can explain to me how a ten dollar seat ended up costing me $16.25 for will call over the internet I would love to understand) I had heard some good things about the Walkmen's live show and they definitely lived up to the hype. I'm not entirely sure how their singer's head didn't explode with all of his super neck straining. But they were great. Their drummer was phenomenal (so quick!) and the bassist was hilarious (so goofy!). Next to take the stage was Death Cab. Even though I don't like them they put on a pretty good show. However, I'm 94% positive that Officer Farva from Super Troopers was their drummer. Last of course was Modest Mouse. They totally rocked it. You have to dig all the instruments on stage, and Isaac Brock was his usual great showman self. I would definitely see them again for three times the price and I would recommend them to anyone, except for maybe 50 Cent (but I would surmise that Kanye West would dig them).

And lastly, today is my 1/2 birthday.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home